Parish Church of:
The church of St Agnes is a building of stone in the Decorated style,
consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, aisles, south porch and a tower, with
a finely tapering spire, containing six bells; there is a memorial window to
John James Ball B.A., FRCS who died in 1860: two other windows are also stained;
the east window is a memorial to Mr and Mrs William Carne, who took a leading
part in the restoration of the church; the church was rebuilt under the
direction of Mr. J. Piers. St. Aubyn in 1848, architect: there are 500 sittings:
in the churchyard is an ancient cross with irregularly shaped head, 5 feet high
and about 2 feet wide. The register of Baptisms dates from the year 1601:
marriages 1674; burials 1674.
There once existed a chapel at Chapel Porth, near the sea shore.