Parish Church of:
The church of St. Blasye or St Blaize is a building of granite, in the Perpendicular
style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles and an embattled tower
containing 3 bells, dated 1693, 1740, and 1771; the effigy of St. Blaize is
in the chancel window in painted glass, preserved from the former church , and
the festival of the Saint is still duly observed on Candlemass Day, February
3rd; there is a good monument and a fine stained window to the Carlyons of Tregrehan:
and a monument to Henry Scobell, esq,. of Roselyon, first treasurer and paymaster
of the farm tin to Queen St Anne, and to Anne, his wife, erected in 1729; there
is also an important genealogical inscription of great length to the Carlyon
family; several of the windows are memorials: the church was thoroughly restored
in 1839, under the direction of messrs. Scott and Moffatt.
The register of baptisms dates from the year 1675; marriages and burials, 1663.