Parish Church of:
The church of St. Budocus is an ancient edifice, supposed to have been erected in the reign of Edward IV, and consists of chancel, nave, south transept, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and containing 6 bells, hung in 1882; there is an ancient illuminated oak screen, and on the floor of the chancel lies a brass of John Killigrew esq. of Arwenack, ob. 1567, the first Captain of Pendennis Castle, and Elizabeth (Trewinnard) his wife, it comprises effigies of both, the male figure being in armour; above these are three shields of arms, that in the centre, with crest and mantling, displays the quartered coats of Killigrew, Petit, Carminow and others; four of these also appear on the shield on the right, and the remaining shield has Killigrew impalin Trewinnard; at the foot is an inscription which includes the name of his eldest son, Sir John Killigrew kt. ob. March 5, 1583-4, and Mary (Wolverston), his wife, with others of that
name; there is also a memorial to Sir Nicholas Parker kt. of Ratton, ob. March 9, 1619; and a number of modern monuments; the east window is a memorial to Robert Jope Kinsman, esq. and Susanna his wife, 1855; the west window of the aisle and five others are also memorials: there are 250 sittings. The register dates from the year 1603.