Parish Church of:
The church of St Clether is an ancient building of stone,
in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave of
three bays, south aisle, south porch and an embattled
western tower of three stages, containing 4 bells, of which
the first and tenor are respectively dated 1680 and 1758;
the other two have inscriptions in old English letters;
another bell is now (1893) about to be added, at a cost of
£60: the east window is a memorial to the Rev. Jonathan
Phillips-Carpenter, some time vicar, who died in 1841, and
was presented by Mrs Carpenter: the church was wholly
rebuilt except the tower in 1865, and will seat 150 persons.
The register dates from the year 1640.
Not far from the church is a field called "Chapel park", are
the ruins of an ancient chapel, with the remains of an
altar. N.B. This is no longer a ruin (2006)