Parish Church of:
Creed with Grampound chapelry.
The church of St. Crida is a building of stone in the
Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five
bays, south aisle, north transept, south porch, and an
embattled western tower, built in 1733, with four pinnacles
and containing five bells, of which the treble is undated;
the second has an inscription to St. Thomas in Old English
letters; the tenor was cast in 1633: in the transept stoup,
with a Norman shaft and Decorated hood moulding: the rood
loft stairs and part of the screen remain: there are
memorials to Thomas Denys gent. 1589, and Marion his wife,
1570, and Henry Denys B.C.L. their son, 1602. with others of
a later date: the church has 200 sittings. The register,
incorporating Grampound, dates from the year 1653.