Parish Church of:
Parish formed August 14th, 1835.
The church of the Holy Trinity is a large building of
granite in the Gothic style, consecrated in 1828, and
consists of nave with eastern apse, aisles and a western
tower with pinnacles and a small spire; in the apse are
three stained windows, one of which is a memorial to the
late Sir William Williams bart. of Tregullow, d. 24 March
1870 and another to Mrs Buller; there is also a memorial
window to Caroline (Eales), widow of Sir William Williams
bart. d. 17, eb. 1886, placed by her grandson, Michael
William esq.; the organ was erected in 1859, at a cost of
200 guineas, and enlarged in 1880: the church was restored
in 1891, and affords sittings for 1,200 people, The register
dates from 1833.
On what is called the "Gorland" there formerly stood a
church, of which no traces now remain in situ, but some
fragments of pillars and 2 crosses are to be seen in the
grounds of Tregullow House.