Parish Church of:
The collegiate church of St. Endelienta, standing on high ground, is a building of Lundy Island granite and stone, in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 6 bells all re-cast in 1734; in the nave are some good carved bench ends, displaying the emblems of the Passion, and the arms of Grenville and Roscarrock: the north aisle retains an aumbrey, and in the north wall is a newel staircase: in the south aisle is a piscina, and in the porch a stoup, with the shields of Cheynduit and Trevenor above, and in front a demi-angel holding a shield with the arms of Roscarrock: the font is a plain ovoid basin on a cylindrical shaft base: in the north-east angle of the chancel is a large altar tomb, on the upper slab of which are the matrices of brasses: in the south aisle is another altar tomb, the sides of which exhibits deeply recessed arches, with ogee heads, and a
banding of quatrefoils along the base: it has no inscription: there are a few mural tablets, including one to Jabez Roscarrock, 1582, and others to the Philp family; there are also several inscribed floors stones dating from 1700; the church was restored in 1877, at a cost of £500 and has 170 sittings. On the south side of the church is a sundial. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1732; marriages 1735; burials 1738.