Parish Church of:
The church of St. Hermes, situated in the most elevated part of the parish and near to the high road, is a building of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, transepts and a noble embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing 5 bells: the church was rebuilt in 1820 on the site of a former decayed building, the tower of which, being more modern than the rest remains in a good state of preservation: there is a carved stone font of Early English date: and in the vestry is a brass, with kneeling effigies and seven quartered shields of arms, to Robert Trencreeke, of Trencreeke in Creed esq. "counseler at lawe" J.P. 1594, and Anis (Vivian), his wife, 1596: and there are others to Johan (Haydon) , wife of John Cooke of Tregasaw, 1630, and John Jago, of Truthan esq. 1652, besides a number of modern memorials: there are sittings for 300 persons. The register dates from the year 1671.