Parish Church of:
The church of St. Erth, dating from around the 15th century, is a building of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower 54 feet high, with pinnacles, and containing 3 bells, the treble and tenor dated 1783 and the second 1820: a curious feature of the building is that the arcades of six bays which divide the nave and aisles rise gradually from the west end, suggesting that the original floor was laid in steps: the stained east window is a memorial to Lawrence H.O. Wood; and in the south aisle is a memorial window to the Rev. Alfred Wilson Mills M.A. vicar 1864-86, presented by the parishioners in 1886: in the north aisle portions of the old carved oak beams remain: the monuments, all of modern date, are both numerous and costly: in 1874, the church was entirely rebuilt on the old lines as far as possible with the old materials; the chancel being repaired, a new organ erected and the church
re-seated throughout at a total cost of £3,000: there are sittings for 306 persons: the churchyard has been enlarged: within it, and near a flight of steps, stands the head of an ancient cross, elegantly carved as a quatrefoiled rose, with five large bosses, and four smaller one between the leaves. In the village stands another cross, about 6 feet high. The register dates from the year 1563.