Parish Church of:
The church of St. Symphorian is a building of stone, in the Early Norman and Early English later styles, consisting of chancel, nave, north and south transepts, or chapels, south porch and an embattled western tower of three stages, with pinnacles, containing one bell, cast in 1812: the north transept is entered through a plain Norman arch: the circular font,of Tintagel green stone, is ornamented with lattice and zigzag work: some of the bench ends and the pulpit are carved: the former exhibit emblems of the Passion, figures of animals and one of a priest; the latter dates from the early part of the 17th century, and has panels inclosing arabesque work: there are memorials to several rectors and to various other persons: the church has 200 sittings: the communion plate includes a chalice dating from 1779-80: in the churchyard are stones inscribed to Mary (Cottle), wife of Samuel Robbins, rector of Trevalga, ob. 1688; to Roger Gayer, gent,. ob. 25 Dec. 1647, and
Joan, wife of John Tubb, ob. 1644, south of the churchyard stands an ancient circular headed monolith, 5 feet 7 inches in height and 1 foot 4 inches wide, with a maltese cross incised on the obverse side of the head, and on the reverse a Greek cross. The register dates from the year 1710.