Parish Church of:
The church of St Grade and the Holy Cross, rebuilt with the exception of the tower, in 1862, is an edifice of stone in the Early Decorated style, and consists of chancel, nave, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 3 bells, of which the first tow are dated 1832 and 1618; the tenor has an inscription in Old English characters; the chancel has a piscina, sedile and credence table, and there are four stained windows including the east window, given by the late rector, and several memorials to the Erisey family, formerly in the south aisle; one reset and placed at the east end of the nave in 1862, being a large slab of Delabole stone, with brasses to James Erisey, ob. 17th October, 1522, and Margaret (Durant) his wife; this memorial includes effigies of both, the former being in plate armour over a hauberk; below are figures of 10 children and an inscription, and at the angles of the slab four shields of arms of a chevron between three
escutcheons, each charged with a griffin segreant; the other monuments have been placed in the tower; in the churchyard is a tomb with arms to Hugh Mason, gent, 1671; there are 140 sittings. The register dates from the year 1707.