Parish Church of:
The church of St. Wennappa is an ancient building of granite in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, north and south porches and a detached tower with a pyramidal roof containing 6 bells: the church was restored in 1863 and 1883, the north porch, vestry, buttresses and the tracery of the windows being renewed and the font being replaced by one of polished granite: during the process of restoration a piscina of Late Decorated work and the base of a five-shafted font of Purbeck marble were discovered: in 1882 the gallery was removed and the church re-seated throughout and a new organ erected: there is a monument to James Pearrow, gent of St Burian, ob. 1691, and John his son, and a large number of modern memorials: the east window is to Sir William Williams bart. d. 24th March, 1870, and there are others to Col. Richard Williams, d. 25th December 1867: Mrs Beauchamp Tucker, of Trevince, and to the Rev. S.B. Drury, a former curate: there are
300 sittings. The register dates from the year 1658.
Carharrack - The church mission chapel of St Piran, erected in 1884, is a building of local stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, north porch and a western turret containing one bell.