Parish Church of:
The church of St. Gwinear, or St. Wynar, standing at an elevation of 240 feet above the sea level, is a building of stone chiefly in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles separated from the nave by arcades of four arches on the south side and six on the north, transept, south porch and an embattled western tower of native elvan, built about 1441, with lofty pinnacles and containing 6 bells, all cast in 1767; the pulpit and front of the choir stalls are of richly carved oak, and there are piscina niches in the chancel and north aisle; the panelling of the rood screen exhibits richly designed foliage and scroll work, and on some of the benches and pews appear the arms of Lanyon and Penneck: the aisle is parted from the rest of the building by a screen of pitch pine, and is used for special services: the east window, erected by the vicar, is a memorial to Alfred Symonds Nash; in the north aisle, built by the Arundells, of Lanherne, is a
marble monument to Elizabeth (Lanyon), wife of John Arundell, of Sithney, esq. ob. 1683, and some others of modern date: the church is seated with open pews for 350 persons. In the churchyard is an ancient cross, brought from Connordowns, Gwythian, where it had been used to form part of a gateway; it is 6 feet high, and has a tapering shaft and round head, the latter carved with a St. Andrew's cross. The register dates from the year 1560.