Parish Church of:
Formed March 26th, 1852 from the Parish of St Germans.
The church of St. Anne, built in 1832, and consecrated September 26th, 1833, was rebuilt in 1871 at the cost of the then vicar, and is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a small western tower with spire containing one bell; the stained east window is a memorial to the Rev. G. Golding, formerly vicar of Hessenford; the west window is a memorial to Mrs. Abraham; the reredos is of carved stone inlaid with mosaic; there are 300 sittings. The register dates from the year 1832.
In Hessenford wood are the remains of an ancient chapel.
Downderry: The mission chapel of St Nicolas, built in 1884 by the Rev. J.T. Fisher B.A. late vicar of Hessenford is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing one bell; a pulpit was erected in 1893. There are 100 sittings.