Parish Church of:
The church of St Kenwyn is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, south aisle, transepts, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing a clock and a fine peal of 3 bells: the east window is a memorial to five members of the Carlyon family, 1856-64: there are also eight other stained windows; the west window bears the arms of six former vicars, from 1776 to 1857; the tower was struck by lightening, 20th December, 1860; the monuments are modern: the church was restored in 1819-20 and again in 1862, and since that time a reredos of alabaster and mosaics, designed by J.P. St. Aubyn esq. and executed by Mr Earp of London, has been erected: there are 450 sittings: in the churchyard near the south porch is a tall and richly sculptured cross, commemorating the Rev. George James Cornish, a former vicar. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1613; marriages, 1559; burials, 1612.
The mission church of Idles has sittings for 80 people.
A Monastery of the Dominican order was founded here by the Reskymer family, the church of which was dedicated on September 29th, 1259, by Walter Broescombe, bishop of Exeter; it was situated between Kenwyn Street and the river; the site is now intersected by Castle Street and Francis Street; the seal of this house was found in 1842 in the vicarage gardens of St. Nicholas, Sturry, Cantebury.
Higher Town - The mission church, erected here in 1889, at a cost of £500, from designs by Henderson and Son, of Truro, is a small building of the Early English style, consisting of chancel and nave, and has sittings for 100 persons.
Short Lanes End- Here is a mission church of stone, with spired belfry , containing one bell, with seats for 80 persons.