Parish Church of:
The church dedicated to St. Kevern or Akebron, founded about 1266, and appropriated to the abbey of Beaulieu, Hants, in 1330, is a building of stone, chiefly in the Perpendicular style, with portions of Early English on the north side, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower of two stages about 60 feet high, surmounted by an octagonal ribbed spire 38 feet high containing 3 bells, dated respectively 1731, 1831 and 1795; the church retains many carved benches and has in different parts the arms of Bogan, Archdeckne and Pincerna; there are memorials to Robert Hill esq, ob. 1637; Thomas Toll, of Penmare, gent. ob. 1668, and a large number of modern monuments, including one to three officers and sixty-one non-commissioned officers and privates of the 7th Hussars, who drowned in the wreck of the "Despatch" troopship in Coverack Cove, January 22, 1809, on their return from Spain; the church was struck by lightning February 28,
1770 when the spire and part of the building were destroyed; there are 850 sittings: the church is now (1893) being thoroughly restored, at an estimated cost of £3,000, under the direction of Mr. Edmund Sedding, architect; the churchyard has been enlarged. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1580; marriages, 1698; burials, 1605.
The church of St Peter at Coverack was consecrated August 20, 1885, and contains 175 sittings.