Parish Church of:
The church of St. Ladoca, seated on the brow of a hill, is a building of stone, in the Early English style , consisting of nave of four bays, south aisle, north transept, or trethurffe aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing 6 bells; these bells were hung in 1883, at a cost of £380, to take the place of the old one, which bore the date of 1670 and 1743; the church was thoroughly restored in 1864, under the supervision of the late G.E. Street esq. R,A, architect, at a cost of £2,000, the whole of which was defrayed by Canon R.F. Wise M.A. rector 1846-84: there are two stained windows at the east end, one of which is a memorial to Mrs M.A. Wise, d. 1862; the other to Richard Wise M.D.: there is an ancient Norman font of Catacluse stone: the memorials in the church include a slab found during the restoration, to the memory of John Randell, ob. 1665, and now placed at the west end: in the porch is a tomb inscribed to Nicholas
Cornelius, of Ladock, ob. 1632; a heating apparatus was fixed in 1892 at a cost of £70: the church affords 370 sittings. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1684; marriages, 1686; burials, 1683.