Parish Church of:
The church of St. Peter is a noble building of stone of the early 15th century, in the Early Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave of four bays, north aisle, south porch, south transept and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, about 100 feet high, containing a clock and one bell, dated 1769, the other 3 bells have all been sold; the transept retains a piscina; on the north side of the chancel is a mural brass, with effigy in armour, to Edward Courtenay esq. ob. March 1, 1500, and another, with arms to Ebote, wife of Nycholas Wills, gent, 1607, and to Nycholas Wills, also 1607; there are other memorials to the families of Rowe, Palmer, Truscott and Blake: the east window is a memorial to the Rev. Thomas Hunt Ley, vicar from 1820: the west window was erected by Solomon Brown in 1888 to the memory of his wife: the church was thoroughly restored in 1877 at a cost of £1,650, and in 1891 an organ was erected at a cost of £200 and heating apparatus
fixed at a cost of £60; the church is fitted with open benches, seating 269 persons. The register of baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1555; burials, 1559.