Parish Church of:
The church of St. Brevita is a fine building of granite in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of six bays, south porch , south aisle, north transept and a very fine embattled western tower, with pinnacles containing 8 bells: the east window is stained, and there are memorial windows to Nicholas Kendall esq. of Pelyn J.P. and sometime M.P. for East Cornwall (1878), the Rev. Francis John Hext Kendall, vicar of Talland (1874), and his wife (1871), Richard Foster esq. of Castle (1869) and to Edwd. Richd. Foster R.N. (1869); there are many monuments, some elaborate and costly, to the Kendall family, including a brass with effigy to Jane, daughter of Nicholas Kendall esq. (1643): there are some remains of a rood loft: there are 300 sittings. The register dates from the year 1583.