Parish Church of:
The church of St. Michael is an ancient building of stone, in the Decorated and Early Perpendicular styles. Consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, south aisle, south porch and an embattled tower on the south side, with pinnacles containing 6 bells; the east and west windows and two others are stained; the font has a massive square basin formed out of a solid block of Polyphant stone, with carved heads at the corners: the south porch retains a holy water stoup: the pulpit, dated 1665, bears the Bennett arms: there are also inscribed floor-stones to members of the family, including one to Richard Bennett, ob. 1619, and a monument to Robert Bennett, of Hexworthy, esq. Ob. 1683; the church was partially restored about 1860, and again in 1873, under the direction of the late Mr J.D. Sedding architect. The register dates from the year 1640.