Parish Church of:
The church of St. Breoke, or St. Breage, is an ancient building of granite and freestone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel with aisles, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower, with octagonal battlemented turrets and crocketed pinnacles, containing 6 bells: the chancel retains the ancient piscine and an aumbry, and there is a piscine in the south aisle: the rood stairs remain and an original pulpit hour-glass: there are monuments, including an altar tomb of carved slate, to the Trefusis family; memorials to John Mills and Johan, his wife, ob. 1573; and to Thomas Snell A.M. 30 years rector, ob. 1670; and others of modern date: the east window is a memorial to J.S. and Elizabeth Tregoning, 1883; the south window in the chancel is also a memorial to Thomas and Caroline Phillipps, erected in 1871: the church was restored in 1869, and has 222 sittings. The register dates form the year 1539.