Parish Church of:
The church of St. Mellor, rebuilt by Sir Henry Trecarrel kt, in the reign of Henry VIII. Is a building of freestone and granite in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, south porch and a very fine embattled western tower with battlemented turrets and pinnacles and containing 6 bells: the rood stairs remain in the north wall: the font has a square basin supported on a central pillar with smaller ones at the corners and is probably Norman: there is a monument with Latin inscription, to Edward Kneebone, ob. 1685, placed by Edith, his wife, besides a number of others of later date to the families of Saltern, Kittow Dingley and Coffin: an ancient altar stone, incised with crosses has been laid in the vestry floor since April 14, 1891: there is a memorial window, erected in 1876, to Richard Kittow, formerly lay rector of this parish: the chalice with cover date from 1572 and the paten from 1735: there are 400 sittings. The register
dates from the year 1576.
The mission church of St. Paul at Upton Cross, consecrated in 1887, is an edifice of stone, consisting of apsidal church , nave, south porch, vestry and a western bell cote containing one bell; the windows of the chancel are stained: there are 100 sittings.