Parish Church of:
The church of St Petrock is a building of stone, in the decorated style, restored by the Rev. Sir Hugh Henry Molesworth bart. late rector, in 1858, and consists of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch and a western tower with pinnacles and a pyramidal roof, and containing a clock and 3 bells, the chancel is elaborately finished in oak with carved stalls, and the walls have been richly painted and gilded; the reredos of ornamented tile work was presented by Beatrice, Lady Molesworth, widow of the former rector: the east window us a memorial to the Rev. Sir Hugh Henry Molesworth bart. d. 6 Jan 1862, and there is another in the chancel to Catherine Lewis, first wife of the Rev. George Manning, late rector, d. 1863; the memorials include brasses to the Rev. Richard Lyne, a former rector of the parish, d. 1834, and to Mary Arundell, his wife, d. 1813: there is also a monument to John Bettye, ob. 1634: and in the churchyard a granite cross inscribed to the Rev. Sir
Hugh H. Molesworth bart. rector 1818-1862, and one of slate to Mrs Manning the above mentioned: there are 130 sittings. The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1706, marriages 1708.