Parish Church of:
The church of St. Marham, or St. Maravina, is an ancient building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, north aisle, south transept, south porch and an embattled western tower in the Decorated style, with pinnacles, and containing 6 bells, 5 of which are dated 1772: it has been restored at different times, and a new vestry was added and the porch restored in 1879: the east window of the north aisle was filled with stained glass in 1843, to the memory of the Rev. John Kingsdon M.A. curate and rector of this parish for 50 years, and in the north aisle is a memorial window to Eleanor Louisa Wright, wife of the Rev. Richard Robert Wright, rector 1843-87; in the nave is a memorial window to Edwin Walter Gould, erected in 1887, and there are remains of mural paintings: the chancel retains a piscine and aumbry; the carved pulpit dates from the reign of Charles II; there are memorials to Mari, wife of John Beauchamp, 1581; William
Cottell esq. 1645; George Rolle esq. 1645; William Langford, gent. 16876, and Elizabeth, his wife, 1653; William Gibins, 1689, and others; and a modern brass: the church is seated with open benches for 300 persons: at the east end of the churchyard is a lynch gate. In 1893 the churchyard was laid out with shrubs and trees. The register dates form the year 1558.