Parish Church of:
The church of St. Neot is an ancient building of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, north and south porches and a western tower 45 feet high, with spire and containing 5 bells, all cast in 1739, except the second which is dated 1842; in 1887 they were re-hung and a new one added; in the chancel are remains of sedilia and a piscine: the west window of the south aisle is stained: on the floor of the nave near the chancel steps, is an inscribed brass to Sir Ralph Carmynow kt. Ob. 9 Oct. 1386; he was sheriff of the county in 1378-9 and M.P. for Cornwall in 1383, 1384 and 1386; according to the Visitation of 1620, he was killed while hunting; there are also memorials to Augustine Question M.A. vicar, d. 1753; Lady Charlotte Carr, daughter of James, 14th Earl of Errol, d. 1801, and to her husband Rev. W.H. Carr, vicar, d. 1836; to the family of Trelawny, 1653-1813; and to Lud. Stephens M.A. 40 years vicar, d. 1724: the font of Caem
and Bath stone is octagonal: there are 420 sittings. The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1554; marriages, 1536.