Parish Church of:
Anciently called “Lamarrack”.
The church of St. Mevan and St. Issey, dating from an early period, situated a little to the north-west of the town, is a plain building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, aisle and south transept; the lower portions only of the tower remains and contains one bell, dated 1684; at the east end of the chancel is a very fine mural monument to Lewis Dart esq. ob. 1632: there is also a tomb with effigies to Otwell Thill, ob. 1617, and Mary, his wife, and to the Carew family: there is a curious font of Norman date; the church was thoroughly restored in 1888, at a cost of £1,700, and has 250 sittings. The register dates from the year 1598.