Parish Church of:
Formed July 24th 1846.
The church of St Peter, standing in the centre of the parish, at an altitude of 477 feet above sea level, is a building of stone, in the Decorated style, from designs by Mr. William White, architect, and consists of chancel, nave, transepts, south porch and a tower, with spire containing one bell: the east window, placed in 1882, at a cost of £120, is a memorial to the Rev. Alfred Lord M.R.C.S. late vicar: in 1881 the church was repaired internally, when an organ was erected at a cost of £175: in 1890 a further sum was expended in improving the church and making necessary repairs: there are 320 sittings . The register dates from the year 1846.
In 1898 the spire was taken down a three stage tower was constructed in 1928.