Parish Church of:
The church of St. Torney is an ancient building of granite in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, aisles, south porch, with fine groined roof of granite and parvise, and an embattled western tower with crocketed pinnacles, containing 6 bells; there is an elaborately ornamented altar-tomb of slate, with effigies to Thomas Vycnets, gent. of Battens, ob. 1606, and Jane, his wife, ob. 1601, and fifteen children, besides figures of Death and of Our Lord, and Latin inscriptions; there are other monuments to the Spoures, once the owners of Trebartha, 1603-1712; and to the family of Rodd, of the same place, 1736-1859; the reredos and sedilia are memorials to the Rodd family; the chancel retains an ancient piscine and part of a hagioscope, and has three stained windows to the Rodd family; the chancel was restored by the Rev. C. Rodd,.late rector, and the exterior of the church in 1892, at a cost of £350: the church will seat 450 persons. The
register of baptisms dates from the year 1621; marriages, 1555; burials, 1630.