Parish Church of:
Par (St Blazey Gate)
The church of St. Mary stands about 1 ½ miles from Par junction, and was built in 1849 from the designs of the late G.E. Street esq. R.A. being the first church erected by him; it is a building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south aisle, south porch and a western tower with spire containing one bell; in the chancel are eleven small stained windows; there is also a memorial window to the Rev. Frank Garrett M.A. vicar, 1872-85; an organ was built in 1887 by general subscriptions: there are 360 sittings. The register dates from the year 1849.