Parish Church of:
The church of St. Nun, or Nonna, is a building chiefly in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, transept, south porch and an embattled western tower of the Decorated period with pinnacles, 62 feet in height and containing 4 bells, of which the two first are dated 1683 and the others, 1773 and 1613: there are several monuments to the Trelawny family, with singular inscriptions 1630-1756; one to Francis Buller esq. ob. 1615, with effigies and shields of arms, an acrostic and records of the repair of the monument in 1816 and 1835; there is also a tomb with effigy and inscription on brass to William Achigm esq. ob. 1589, and memorials to the Sawdy family, 1663-77: Sir Jonathan Trelawny bart. D.D., who died July 19th. 1721, is buried in this church, where a model of his pastoral staff of wood, gilt, with copper ornaments, is preserved: he was bishop of Bristol 1685-89, and was one of the six bishops committed to the tower by James II; in 1689,
after the revolution, he was translated to the see of Exeter and in 1707 to that of Winchester, and was prelate of the Order of the Garter: the church was thoroughly restored in 1882, at a cost of £1,200, and has 200 sittings. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1678; marriages, 1693; burials, 1720.