Parish Church of:
Penwerris is an ecclesiastical parish, formed July 3. 1848, from the parish of Budock, and adjoins the town of Falmouth on the north. The church, on Stratton place, erected in 1827 and opened January 9, 1828, is a plain rectangular building of stone, consisting of nave only, with a western gallery: the church was restored in 1886-7, at a cost of £500 and is estimated to hold 594 persons, 304 sittings being free. The register dates from the year 1848.