Parish Church of:
St Michael’s chapel, is a building in the Transition Norman and Perpendicular styles, situated on the margin of a small creek of Padstow Harbour, near the village of Rock and consists of chancel with south aisle, and north vestry, nave, south transept, south porch, now forming the base of a small gabled tower, containing one bell: there are two Decorated piscinae, one in the chancel and the other in the transept, and a font of sandstone of Transition Norman date: the east window, erected by the parish of St. Minver in 1867, is a memorial to Anne and Lucy Sandys, and on the south gable of the tower is a cross erected by Mary Prideaux-Brune of Prideaux Place, Padstow, and commemorating the same persons; there is a monument to William Rounsevall gent. 1659, and Jane, his wife , 1679 ; opposite the porch is the round head of an ancient granite cross on a dwarf shaft: the church was well restored in 1865-67, at a cost of £514: the church plate includes a chalice with
paten cover, bearing the date 1711, and the word ‘Perdille’ (Porthilly) and a paten of 1740 and flagon of 1792, , both given by the Rev. William Sandys M.A. a former vicar: the burial ground was enlarged about 1878 and protected by a sea wall; it contains memorials to the Kent, Mably, Profffit and other families.