Parish Church of:
The church of San Creed (or Sancta Crida) is a building of granite chiefly in the late 15th century style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, transepts, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles containing 3 bells: the rood stairs, piscina and stoup remain: some carvings in the rood screen is possibly Spanish: the restoration of the church, begun in 1881, under the direction of Mr J.D. Sedding, architect, was completed in 1891 at a cost of £2,350: the church has been new roofed, re-floored and re-seated with carved oak benches, affording 240 sittings, and internal fittings are still (1893) being added: during the restoration the remains of a Norman font were found: on the churchyard wall is the circular head of a cross, discovered by the present vicar in a ditch close by, and near the vicarage gates the quartrefoiled head of another has been erected on its original shaft, recently found in the south aisle; in the churchyard is a fine cross
nearly 8 feet high, uniquely incised with a lily, the emblem of the Virgin; at Higher Drift is a stone 2 feet high with a Latin cross on one side. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1556; marriages 1559; burials 1579.
At chapel Uny are the remains of a well or baptistery dedicated to St Eurnus or Uny and another baptistry and well at Chapel Downs.