Parish Church of:
The church of St Sennen is an ancient building of granite, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, south aisle, transept, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles containing five bells, 3 of which were recast and two added in 1889; a Latin inscription round the base of the font, records that the church was consecrated on the Festival of the beheading of St John the Baptist, Aug 29 1442 or 1443; portions of the rood stairs remain, and at the east end of the aisle is a fragment of a fresco preserved at the restoration; a decapitated figure, probably of the Virgin and Child, is in the transept: there are four stained memorial windows; the church was restored in 1867, at a cost of £1,000, and has 200 sittings. A very fine and ancient granite cross stands in the centre of the new churchyard; near Trevilley is another cross, with a carving of the "Crucifixion;" a third, now standing at the south entrance to the churchyard
was removed thither from a hedge close at hand, and there is also one in a field on the Mayon estate. The register dates from the year 1700.