Parish Church of:
The church of St. Sithney is a building of granite in the Pointed style, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, aisles, transepts, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing 3 bells, all cast in 1771: there are mural monuments to Richard Hoblyn esq. and Anne (Carew), his wife, both of whom died in February, 1692; John Arundel, 1671; and also a monumental inscription to John Oliver, of Trevarno; some fragments remain of a brass to Roger Trewythynnyck, one of the King's justices; c. 1410; these include the inscription and portions of a stepped floriated cross, inscribed with the legend, “Ihu mercy,” on each limb: the arms of the Penrose family are inserted in the window: in the churchyard is a memorial to Edward Coode, of Treesa, gent. 1662: there are 320 sittings. The register of baptisms dates form the year 1667; marriages and burials 1664.