Parish Church of:
The church (dedication unknown) is a fine building of granite in the Late Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave of six bays, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower, with crocketed pinnacles, containing a clock and 8 bells, the tenor, which is the largest, weighing nearly one ton, the chancel retains a piscina; the east window is a memorial to Elizabeth Rose, wife of the Hon. And Rev. William H. Spencer, rector, d. 1851; another window has been inserted in the chancel to Georgiana Mary Call, d. 1837, by her sister, Augusta Hornby; there are monuments to Ezekiel Helier M.A. rector, ob. 1614; John Hagwell B.D. rector, ob. 1623, and various others of the 17 th century and later centuries, to the families of Clarke, Hawton, Knight, Kekewich and Call: there are 413 sittings. The register dates form 1538.
N.B. DEDICATION: ALL SAINTS