Parish Church of:
The church of St. Talland, situated on the side of a hill, on the eastern side of an inlet of the sea called Talland Bay, is a building of stone in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of six bays, south or Killygarth aisle, north transept and an embattled tower on the south side, of three stages, 55 feet high and containing 4 bells: the tower is connected with the church by a large porch with two entrances: the interior is seated with ancient benches of carved oak, displaying the emblazoned shields of Beville, Grenville and others; in the aisle are two helmets, one of which bears the crest of the Bevilles; in the aisle is a tomb with full length efffigy of John Beville esq. ob. 1570, with six verses and a long genealogical epitaph in English; there are other memorials to the family of Mellow, 1625; Sumars, 1708-10; Kendall, 1709-47; Nicholas, 1788-1833; Elizabeth wife of John Morth, ob. 1687; the Rev. Thomas Gurney, vicar, d.
1760; and the Rev. Daniel Evans, rector of East Lydford and vicar of St. Keverne, d. 1854; there are sittings for 450 persons. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1651; marriages, 1653; burials, 1654; the latter includes burials from West Looe.