Parish Church of:
Formed July 4th, 1845 from Camborne parish.
The church of St. John, erected in 1841, is a building of stone with granite quions, in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a turret containing one bell; there is an ancient font; this church occupies the site of an earlier structure, among the ruins of which an inscribed and curiously carved piece of granite was found; there are 250 sittings. The register dates from the year 1841.
In the churchyard is a mausoleum, erected in 1854, over the grave of Edward William Wynne Pendarves esq, MP by his widow Tryphena Wynne Pendarves.