Parish Church of:
Formed September 15th, 1846, out of the northern part of St Austell parish.
The ancient church of Treverbyn formerly stood near the farmhouse of Treverbyn Minor, in a field now known as the "Church Meadow". The church of St. Peter, standing near the northern boundary of the parish, is a building of stone in the middle pointed or Decorated style, consecrated in 1850, and consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a turret containing one bell: there are memorial windows to Thomas Gill, formerly Lord of the manor of Treverbyn, and to his wife and daughter: the church affords 360 sittings. The register dates from the year 1846.