Parish Church of:
Truro - St George
Formed August 11th, 1846 from Kenwyn parish.
The church, which stands in the western or Feristown district, is a building of stone in the Early English style erected in 1855 from designs by Rev. William Haslam, then incumbent of Baldhu, and consists of apsidal chancel, nave, transepts, north porch and a tower, with plain parapet and pinnacles, the ground floor of which is used as a baptistery: the east window and others in the apse are stained: the west window, erected by subscription in 1866, is a memorial to Alfred, son of William and Maria Jenkins, who died in Chili, 24th July, 1866:: one in the chancel is inscribed to the Rev. P.C. Wrench S.T.B; the font was given anonymously:; there are 525 sittings. The baptismal register dates from the year 1846.