Parish Church of:
Truro - St John
St John's was formed January 10th, 1865, from Kenwyn Parish.
The church, at the top of Lemon Street, is a rectangular building of stone in a quasi-Italian style, erected in 1827-8, and consists of a wide open nave with shallow apse, and galleries and a turret with cupola, containing one bell: there are three stained windows, two of which are memorials to Mary Anna Peppin Roberts, d. 17 Jan. 1877 and Elizabeth Heard, d. 10 Sept. 1867, besides others: various improvements are now (1893) proposed at an estimated cost of about £1,600: there are sittings for 800 persons. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1852; marriages from 1865.