Parish Church of:
The church of St Ann is an ancient building of stone with granite dressings in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower of four stages, with pinnacles, containing 5 bells, all recast in 1776: at the west end of the nave is a memorial to John Cornishe, formerly rector of this parish, 1525, and there are others to the Hill and Symons families, 1650-82: Magdelene Spoure, 1687, and to Honor, wife of John Gayer, 1690: the organ was presented by Edward Mucklow esq. at a cost o £200: in the north wall is a handsome brass to Mrs. Mucklow, erected in 1889: the font , of Norman date, is circular and adorned with foliated ornament: the church was thoroughly restored in 1882, at a cost of £1,400: there are open benches for 200 persons, in the churchyard, which is entered through a handsome lynch gate, is an ancient well, inclosed within a canopied Gothic arch, and at the back is a niche. The
register dates from the year 1663.